MCS51 series and Atmel AVR microcontrollers ISP capable fast programmer
- supported devices from manufacturers
- small, very fast and powerful portable programmer of MCS51 series and Atmel
- in-circuit serial programming (ISP) capability included
- program also serial EEPROMs
- DIL40 ZIF socket, all MCS51/AVR chips in DIL package up to 40 pins are
supported without adapters
- connection to PC: USB port
- USB 2.0 full speed and USB 1.1 compatible
- upgradeable to SmartProg2 programmer.
- comfortable and easy to use control program, Windows
98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003/XPx64/Vista compatible compatible
- free SW update, download from Internet
- power supply, cable and software included
- made in Slovakia
- approved by CE laboratory to meet CE requirements
- New generation of Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003/XPx64/Vista based ELNEC
specialized programmers. Programmer is capable to support all currently
available microcontrollers of the MCS51 series (up to 40 pins) and the AVR
microcontrollers (8-40 pins) using parallel and serial algorithms. T51prog2 has
been developed in close cooperation with Atmel W&M., therefore
programmer's hardware is focused to support all current and future
microcontrollers of Atmel W&M MCS51 family.
- T51prog2 is a small, very fast and powerful portable programmer for
MCS51 series and Atmel AVR microcontrollers. T51prog also programs serial EEPROM
with IIC (24Cxx), Microwire (93Cxx) and SPI (25Cxx) interface types. Using
build-in in-circuit serial programming (ISP) connector programmer is able
to program MCS51 family microcontrollers and Atmel AVR microcontrollers using
- Provides very competitive price with excellent hardware design for
reliable programming. Nice "value for money" in this class.
- Very fast programming due to high-speed FPGA driven hardware and
support of high-speed USB port. Surely faster than competitors in this category.
- T51prog interfaces with the IBM PC compatible or higher, portable or desktop
personal computers through USB port.
- T51prog2 is easy upgradeable to SmartProg2 programmer using
kit Xprog2 to SmartProg2" (ord.no. 60-0048).
- 40 powerful TTL pindrivers provide H/L/pull_up/pull_down and read
capability for each pin of socket. Advanced pindrivers incorporate
high-quality high-speed circuitry to deliver signals without overshoot or
ground bounce for all supported devices. Pin drivers operate down to 1.8V so
you'll be ready to program the full range of today's advanced low-voltage
- The programmer performs device insertion test (wrong device position
in socket) and contact check (poor contact pin-to-socket) before it
programs each device. These capabilities, supported by signature-byte
check help prevent chip damage due to operator error.
- T51prog2 programmer performs programming verification at the
marginal level of supply voltage, which, obviously, improves programming
yield, and guarantees long data retention.
- Various socket converters are available to handle device in PLCC,
SOIC, SSOP, TSSOP, TQFP, QFN (MLF) and other packages.
- Programmer is driven by an easy-to-use control program with pull-down
menus, hot keys and on-line help. Selecting of device is performed by its class,
by manufacturer or simply by typing a fragment of vendor name and/or part
- Standard device-related commands (read, blank check, program, verify,
erase) are enhanced by some test functions (insertion test,
signature-byte check), and some special functions (autoincrement).
- All known data formats are supported. Automatic file format detection and
conversion during loading of file.
- The rich-featured autoincrement function enables one to assign
individual serial numbers to each programmed device - or simply increments a
serial number, or the function enables one to read serial numbers or any
programmed device identification signatures from a file.
- The software also provide a many information about programmed device. As a
special, the drawing of all available packages are provided. The software
provide also explanation of chip labelling (the meaning of prefixes and
suffixes at the chips) for each supported chip.
- The software provide a full information for ISP implementation: Description
of ISP connector pins for currently selected chip, recommended target design
around in-circuit programmed chip and other necessary information.
CARE FOR THE CUSTOMERS
- It is important to remember that support of new devices with compatible
GND/VCC/VPP pinout requires only a software update due to the T51prog2
hardware. With our prompt service you can have a new device added to the list of
supported devices within hours! Free software updates are available by download from our WEB site. Keep-Current and AlgOR
services, our next step towards customer satisfaction.
- Keep-Current service means,
that ELNEC ships the latest version of programmer software and updated user
documentation (Keep-Current package) to customer . The Keep-Current service is
your hassle-free guarantee that you are achieving the highest quality
programming on ELNEC programmers, at minimal cost.
- AlgOR (Algorithm On Request) service
gives the user a tool to influence to amount and types of programmed devices as
- two D/A converters for VCCP and VPP, controllable rise and fall time
- VCCP range 2V..7V/350mA
- VPP range 2V..25V/200mA
- USB 2.0/1.1 compatible interface
- selftest capability
ZIF socket, pindriver
- 40-pin DIL ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) socket accepts both 300/600 mil
devices up to 40-pins
- pindriver: 40 TTL pindrivers, specialized GND/VCC/VPP pindriver for MCS51
and AVR devices
- FPGA based TTL driver provides H, L, CLK, pull-up, pull-down on all
pindriver pins, level H selectable from 1.8 V up to 5V
- continuity test: each pin is tested before every programming operation
- 10-pin male type with missinsertion lock
- 6 TTL pindrivers, provides H, L, CLK, pull-up, pull-down; level H selectable
from 1.8V up to 5V to handle all (low-voltage including) devices.
- 1x VCCP voltage (range 2V..7V/100mA) (*1) and 1x VPP voltage (range
- programmed chip voltage (VCCP) with both source/sink capability and voltage
- (*1) - the programmer is not capable to supply a target system from VCCP
pin. If you have such demand, use please a BeeProg+ programmer
Programmer, in ZIF socket
- microcontrollers MCS51 series: 87Cxxx, 87LVxx, 89Cxxx, 89Sxxx, 89LVxxx, LPC
series from Atmel, Atmel W&M, Intel, Philips, SST, Winbond, ... 8-40 pins
- microcontrollers Atmel AVR: ATtiny, AT90Sxxx, ATmega series (parallel and
serial mode), 8-40 pins (*1)
- Serial E(E)PROM: 24Cxxx, 24Fxxx, 25Cxxx, 59Cxxx, 85xxx, 93Cxxx series
Programmer, through ISP connector
- Microcontrollers Atmel: AT89Sxxx, AT90Sxxxx, ATtiny, ATmega series
- Microcontrollers Philips: LPC series
- (*1) - suitable adapters are available for non-DIL packages and devices
with more than 40 pins.
- for all supported devices see actual DEVICE LIST
Conditions: P4, 2.4
GHz, USB high-speed, Windows XP.
||programming and verify
||programming and verify
- Algorithms: only manufacturer approved or certified algorithms are
used. Custom algorithms are available at additional cost.
- Algorithm updates: software updates are available approx. every 4
weeks, free of charge.
- Main features: revision history, session logging, on-line help,
device and algorithm information.
- intelligent device selection by device type, manufacturer or typed fragment
of part name
- blank check, read, verify
- configuration and security bit program
- illegal bit test
- insertion test
- contact check
- ID byte check
- auto device serial number increment
- count-down mode
- view/edit, find/replace
- fill, copy, move, byte swap, word/dword split
- checksum (byte, word)
- no download time because programmer is PC controlled
- automatic file type identification
Supported file formats
- unformatted (raw) binary
- HEX: Intel, Intel EXT, Motorola S-record, MOS, Exormax, Tektronix,
PC system requirements
- operating voltage 15..20V DC, max. 0.5A
- power consumption max. 6W active, about 1.4W sleep
- dimensions 160x95x35 mm (6.3x3.7x1.4 inch)
- weight (without external power adapter) ca. 500g (17.65 oz)
- temperature 5°C ÷ 40°C (41°F ÷ 104°F)
- humidity 20%..80%, non condensing
Base configuration package includes
- T51prog2 programmer
- switch. power adapter, 15V DC/500mA, stabilized + power cord
- connection cable PC-programmer
- ISP cable
- diagnostic POD for selftest of the programmer
- anti-dust cover for ZIF socket
- user manual (on CD)
- registration card
- transport case (cardboard box)
- Keep Current - ELNEC sends to
user the latest version of programmer software and updated user documentation
- AlgOR (Algorithms On Request) - add
new supported devices on customer request
Programmer price also includes
- free technical support (hot line)
- free life-time software update via Internet
Universal programmer - Elnec